Just a heads up that LEGO is looking for Model Designers in the LEGO Technic department. This is a great opportunity for those who love to build and tinker with LEGO Technic. Please note that this job requires moving to Denmark to LEGO’s headquarters. Below are the details.
Do you have a deep passion for technology and mechanics? Do you just love to build with LEGO Technic? Bring your hard-core building and design skills to play by designing and developing brand-new models and play experiences for the LEGO Technic product line.
As a Model Designer in the LEGO Technic design team, you get a unique opportunity to shape and impact the products and experiences of the LEGO Technic assortment, reaching thousands of children and adults around the world. The tasks and responsibilities are:
- Design: Work to a brief to design products and experiences that kids and adults will love using the LEGO® Technic building system
- Research and Insights: Be curious to learn more about our consumers and the toy industry and translate insights into new and innovative product experiences
- Conceptualize: Dive deep into how we can bring fun new ways of play to our consumers, looking at the full experience and develop concept models, prototypes, and sketches
- Ideation: Bring fresh ideas and new perspectives forward that will allow us to constantly evolve our product experiences
- Collaborate across: Work closely with a cross-functional team in a creative, international, and open-minded environment
PLAY YOUR PART IN OUR TEAM SUCCEEDING
In a culture where collaboration and creativity are key, you will work closely in teams to brainstorm, create, and design products and experiences that delight and inspire children and adults globally. You will join a large international design team in Billund (Denmark), counting approximately 300 designers from around the world, who are all passionate about the impact of play.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The ideal candidate holds a formal education in industrial design, product design, toy design, mechanical engineering or other relevant education and has some design/toy related industry experience – OR – will have gained similar knowledge and skills through other life experiences. Please make sure to tell us about this in your application. Moreover, you bring:
- A passion for design and toys, a high personal drive, and you enjoy taking initiative
- An innovative mind, which – combined with the playful approach of your inner child – enables you to create ideas and concepts for the world’s most critical audiences
- An aesthetic talent, a firm grasp of the design process, skills in sketching and key creative software programs like Adobe
- A good understanding of the LEGO Technic building system
- Intrigued by functions, mechanisms, how things work and how to combine digital and physical experiences
- An ability to manage colors and set color schemes
- Strong communication skills to pitch concept ideas – both verbally and visually
- A high level of self-motivation and time management to reach deadlines
- A firm belief that great design work is a team effort and knowing how to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written
Motivational letter, CV, and portfolio (professional and/or LEGO Technic builds) are all requirements for the application. Maximum upload size per file is 2 MB, but portfolio can also be shared via link clearly highlighted in the CV. The motivational letter and CV must be written in English.
JOIN THE GLOBAL LEGO FAMILY
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity, and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are.
Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow”.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer. Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group. If you are interested in this opportunity, you can apply here.
What do you think? Are you interested becoming a LEGO designer? Or do you know someone who would be a perfect fit for this opportunity? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: