Just a quick reminder that theis now available for LEGO VIP members (general release will be on March 1st). We talked about this set previously (see: ), but I have included some of the basic info for you below for convenience.
Celebrate the unmistakable style of Porsche with this fantastic building challenge as you create your own classic, collectible car with themodel kit. Choose to build either the Turbo model with its turbocharged engine or the Targa with its iconic Targa bar and a removable roof that stores under the hood.
Both the Turbo and the Targa model cars feature authentic Porsche 911 details like the iconic front and rear bumpers, angled headlights, printed logo and number plates. And the interior is just as impressive with working steering, gearshift, emergency brake, tilting seats. and a dark-orange-and-nougat color scheme.
The LEGO Porsche 911 is part of a collection of buildable model kits for adults. From classic collectible cars to detailed buildings, these LEGO sets are the perfect way to escape everyday life with an immersive building project.
- Escape from the everyday with this thrilling building project. The model car building kit is the perfect set for adults looking for their next hands-on project.
- Explore all the Porsche 911 features including the rear-mounted, air-cooled flat-six engine, working steering, gearshift, emergency brake, and tilting seats.
- Which will you choose to build? The Turbo model with its turbocharged engine, or the Targa with a removable roof that can be stored under the hood.
- The Porsche 911 Turbo model car features a wide rear axle, an integrated spoiler, plus a turbocharged engine complete with intercooler.
- The Porsche 911 Targa model car includes a removable roof that fits in the hood plus the iconic Targa bar with rear glass behind the driver.
- Designed especially for classic car fans and Porsche enthusiasts, this advanced building kit comes with coffee-table-style instructions with inspirational design details.
- This Porsche 911 collectible car model measures over 4 in. (10 cm) high, 13.5 in. (35 cm) long and 6 in. (16 cm) wide.
- The set comes with 1,458 pieces and recommended for ages 18+.
To celebrate the launch of the, LEGO was going to offer the first buyers the chance to receive a limited-edition LEGO Porsche owners pack with their purchase including a certificate of ownership, an official LEGO Porsche card wallet, and some other goodies, but unfortunately this had to be canceled in North America due to unforeseen circumstances. The owners pack was also extremely limited in other regions and it is now considered a sought after collectors item.
On a bit more positive side, theis now available to LEGO VIP members before the general release on March 1st, so you have a better chance of getting it The price is $149.99, which is a reasonable price for such a large and detailed car model. For more information, and to purchase the set, visit the .
I should also mention that there is a minifig-scale version of the vehicle in the LEGO Speed Champions line. This is a good option for those who like the car but don’t have the space or funds for the large display model. Or, you may even want to get both and display them together! Theis only $14.99 and is available at the .
What do you think? How do you like the new LEGO Porsche? Is this a set you are planning to get? And how do you like the idea that it’s a two-in-one model?