The former includes pneumatics while the latter uses Powered Up components and is controlled from your smartphone.
View more pictures and read the descriptions after the break, then look out for our reviews which we’ll be publishing mid-July.
42128 Heavy-Duty Tow Truck
- 2017 pieces
- 149.99 EUR / 139.99 GBP / 269.99 AUD / 149.99 USD / 199.99 CAD
When it comes to rescuing stranded vehicles, this LEGO Technic Heavy-duty Tow Truck takes any job in its stride. Take your time building this mighty truck then check out all its neat features and classic design details. With realistic pneumatic and mechanical functions, this model is the perfect way to experience the power of a classic tow truck.
Open up the world of engineering with this LEGO Technic Heavy-duty Tow Truck (42128) model. Packed with details, it’s a great tribute to the world’s best-loved tow trucks. Check out its authentic grille, air filters, lights, tailpipe, and fresh colour scheme. Then explore all the pneumatic and mechanical functions that make this model so realistic.
A construction toy packed with working functions. This tow truck toy with crane is filled with impressive features. Open the hood to see the 6-cylinder inline engine with moving pistons. Steer by rotating the pin on the roof. Activate the crane, pump up the boom, pull out the winch and extend the outriggers.
And for the first time in LEGO Technic history, this vehicle has a lifting axle to pull down extra wheels and spread the weight of loads. A great introduction to engineering. LEGO Technic sets feature realistic movement and mechanisms that introduce LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.
- Explore the engineering brilliance of classic tow trucks with this LEGO Technic Heavy-duty Tow Truck 42128 toy building kit. Enjoy the build, then explore the model’s many features and functions.
- Just like a real heavy-duty tow truck, this model features pneumatic pump functions including an extending lifting boom, a lifting crane boom and an extending crane boom.
- Check out all the mechanical functions like the rotating crane, working winch, outriggers, boom, plus the lifting axle which pulls down extra wheels for uneven loads – a first for LEGO Technic!
- This truck toy set makes a cool gift for kids and teens aged 11 and up who love mechanical toys. It’s also a great set for kids and adults to explore together while learning about engineering.
- This tow truck with crane model measures over 8.5 in. (22 cm) high (with crane down), 23 in. (58 cm) long (with boom down) and 5.5 in. (14 cm) wide (with outriggers up).
- Steer the truck by rotating the pin on top of the roof. Open the hood to see the 6-cylinder inline engine with moving pistons.
- Classic tow truck design details include the authentic grille, air filters and fresh colour scheme.
42129 4×4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck
- 2110 pieces
- 299.99 EUR / 274.99 GBP / 499.99 AUD / 299.99 USD / 399.99 CAD
Made for extreme conditions, the 4×4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck has the power to tackle the roughest terrain. Now you can build your own LEGO Technic version of this mighty machine. Enjoy a challenging build then use the CONTROL+ app to steer the truck and operate the differential locking. Set up obstacles and use the flags to create a trial course. Can anything stop this mighty truck?
Anyone who loves powerful toy trucks and construction toys will have lots of fun building this LEGO Technic 4×4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck (42129) model. Packed with realistic features, this truck toy offers an engaging build for adults and kids aged 12 and up. Open the cab doors and hood. Check out the working suspension on all 4 wheels and open the service hatch to inspect the gearbox.
The model also features a detailed engine with spinning radiator fan. In a first for LEGO Technic, this model has differential locking. Lock and unlock the differentials using the app to manoeuvre the truck over rough terrain. Explore the app With this model, the build is just the start. Use the CONTROL+ app to put this mighty machine to the test. Use the different control screens to steer and operate the differential locking. With challenges and achievements in the app, there are so many ways to play.
- Fans of construction toys will love building their own model version of the Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck. Check out all its awesome functions using the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ app.
- This LEGO Technic 4×4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck (42129) model is packed with authentic details like working suspension on all 4 wheels, a detailed gearbox and differential locking.
- Realistic design features include race themed stickers plus 2 fire extinguishers. Use the flags to create an obstacle course and test the truck’s skills across different terrains.
- This is a great set for adults and kids aged 12 and up to enjoy together. It’s also an awesome toy for young LEGO builders looking for a challenging building experience.
- The toy truck model measures over 8 in. (21 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 7 in. (19 cm) wide.
- Requires 6 x AA batteries (not included). The battery box disconnects easily, making it simple to change the batteries when required.
- This RC app-controlled LEGO Technic truck is powered using 1 x Bluetooth-controlled smart hub, 3 x large motors and 1 x medium motor, included in the set.